Project Gutenberg, easily found the author I wanted along with a listing of the books written, nearly 30,000 free books available! In Librivox, again found author easily. Even had version 1, 2 and 3 on one of the books. Also a listing of works in progress. Impressive.
I can clearly see the advantage in being able to search the text of the book for a specific phrase within an ebook, of being able to store thousands of ebooks in a fraction of the space of normal books, but I love the illustrations, the covers, the 'look' of a real book.
I like discovering the availability of the many websites offering ebooks and not being a techie I'd probably not bother with a Kindle, but may at some future date dabble in downloading an ebook to try. After all you can't really judge until you sample!
All in all, an interesting exercise.
# 23 (Week 10) Play Week and Catchup
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment