This was an interesting exercise, which I wasn't expecting. Many of the audio files that piqued my interest were either a year so old, or the files had been removed. However, on Podcast pickle.com I found the J. C. Hutchins new fiction and author updates. He is a sci-fi novelist who releases his work as free serialized audio podcasts. His newest idea is to have followers contribute to his work and become involved in the storyline. He is asking fans to "play along" and record video and audio as if they were a victim of the chaotic blackout occurring in his storyline. Apparently a first for podcasting! How neat is that?!
http://jchutchins.net/site/2008/03/05/7th-son-obsidian-is-coming/
I keep getting "error on page" when I try to access a podcast of above, so here's the URL.
http://www.podcastpickle.com/ViewPodcast.php?id=11772
Will try something else later to add an RSS feed. Grrrh!
I think that podcasting has limited applications. However I could see it's use as a teaser, adding a vocal 'excerpt' for a library event to the events page on the website.
# 23 (Week 10) Play Week and Catchup
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment